Our Docker Development Image includes everything you need to set up a local development environment. This reduces your development costs and offers a fully-functional sandbox for both new and experienced dApp developers. The WAX local testnet allows you to easily:
- Run a local development node on your server
- Create free, local accounts to associate with your contract and simulate customers
- Deploy and test your smart contracts locally
- Estimate CPU and RAM usage
- Make local blockchain API calls
How it Works
To set up your local development environment, you'll need to use three key Blockchain Tools: keosd, nodeos, and cleos.
When you start nodeos with various development plug-ins, it will launch a local test node on your server and start producing blocks. These blocks are written to a log, allowing you to view signed transactions initiated from your smart contracts.
Using a built-in development key and system account, you can also:
- Create a Development Wallet. This is required to create accounts.
- Create a Contract Account. Each of your smart contracts must be associated with an account.
- Create Test Users. You can create as many local accounts as you need and fund them with local tokens.
Before You Begin
Before you set up your local development environment: